Does Telavancin interact with other medications?

Taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen, while receiving telavancin may increase the risk of kidney damage. Other medications may interact with telavancin and increase the risk of developing long QT syndrome. Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medications before starting telavancin: amiodarone, disopyramide, dofetilide, procainamide, quinidine, sotalol, moxifloxacin, pimozide, sparfloxacin and thioridazine. Your doctor also should know if you are currently taking angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, angiostatin receptor blockers, blood thinners, diuretics or erythromycin.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
When should my child take antibiotics?
Your child should take antibiotics if your doctor prescribes them.  Antibiotics are used to treat ba...
Should I give my child antibiotics for an ear infection?
Mitzi Conover, MDMitzi Conover, MD
Oftentimes, ear infections are treated with antibiotics. It's very common in children under the ...