Does Telavancin interact with other medications?

Taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen, while receiving telavancin may increase the risk of kidney damage. Other medications may interact with telavancin and increase the risk of developing long QT syndrome. Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medications before starting telavancin: amiodarone, disopyramide, dofetilide, procainamide, quinidine, sotalol, moxifloxacin, pimozide, sparfloxacin and thioridazine. Your doctor also should know if you are currently taking angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, angiostatin receptor blockers, blood thinners, diuretics or erythromycin.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?
A "green" runny nose is not necessarily an indication of a bacterial infection, but it could be. You...
Do antibiotics treat all bacterial infections?
There are many different types of antibiotics that are made to treat various bacterial infections. H...