How soon after taking Cubicin will my symptoms improve?

Depending on the susceptibility of the bacteria, Cubicin should begin to kill the susceptible bacteria as soon as it is in the blood on the first day. A typical treatment cycle for Cubicin is one dose daily for one to two weeks. Although your infection may begin clearing up at any time during your treatment, you may not notice any change in symptoms other than fever. You should not stop taking Cubicin until your treatment cycle is complete or your doctor tells you to stop.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Does my child need antibiotics if his nose runs with yellow or green mucus?
When germs that cause colds first infect the nose and sinuses, the nose makes clear mucus. This help...
Should I give my child antibiotics for a viral infection?
Antibiotics should not be given for viral infections. Antibiotics are effective against bacteria...