How soon after taking clindamycin will my symptoms improve?

You should begin to feel better a few days after you start taking clindamycin. Be sure to keep taking clindamycin even if your symptoms go away. You must complete the entire course of treatment to be sure that all the infection-causing bacteria have been destroyed. If your symptoms don't begin to improve or you start to feel worse, tell your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
How can I safely take antibiotics?
Do not demand antibiotics when a doctor says they are not needed. Do not take an antibiotic for a vi...
Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?
A "green" runny nose is not necessarily an indication of a bacterial infection, but it could be. You...