How soon after taking clindamycin will my symptoms improve?

You should begin to feel better a few days after you start taking clindamycin. Be sure to keep taking clindamycin even if your symptoms go away. You must complete the entire course of treatment to be sure that all the infection-causing bacteria have been destroyed. If your symptoms don't begin to improve or you start to feel worse, tell your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

When is it appropriate to give children antibiotics?
When your child is coughing, sneezing, and downright miserable, the temptation is there to request a...
Should I give my child antibiotics for a viral infection?
Remember: Antibiotics treat bacterial infections, not viruses. Don't push your pediatrician for an...
Do antibiotics treat all bacterial infections?
There are many different types of antibiotics that are made to treat various bacterial infections. H...
How do antibiotics affect good bacteria?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
If you take antibiotics repeatedly, you diminish the population of good bacteria that protects y...