How soon after taking clindamycin will my symptoms improve?

You should begin to feel better a few days after you start taking clindamycin. Be sure to keep taking clindamycin even if your symptoms go away. You must complete the entire course of treatment to be sure that all the infection-causing bacteria have been destroyed. If your symptoms don't begin to improve or you start to feel worse, tell your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Should antibiotics be banned in animal feed?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested that livestock producers cut back on low-dose a...
What is an antibiotic?
An antibiotic is a chemical that assists your immune system in getting rid of bacteria. Antibiotics ...