What should I do if someone takes too much fosfomycin?

If someone takes too much fosfomycin, call the National Poison Control Hotline at 1-800-222-1222. If the person has collapsed or stopped breathing, call 911. Call a doctor right away if someone taking fosfomycin experiences yellowing of the skin or eyes, joint pain, fever, rash or swelling of the mouth or tongue.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Can antibiotics treat a viral infection?
In general, antibiotics are useless against viral illnesses. Viruses cause many of the most comm...
What is an antibiotic?
Dr. Ronald G. Glass, DDSDr. Ronald G. Glass, DDS
An antibiotic is a substance (usually a drug) that either inhibited growth or kills a germ. In order...