How do I receive piperacillin and tazobactam?

Piperacillin and tazobactam (brand name Zosyn) is only available as an intravenous injection (IV). A bag containing the antibiotic medication will be hung from a pole, and this bag will be connected to an IV line. Most often, you will get a dose of medicine dripped into the IV for about 30 minutes; this will be repeated several times a day. Depending on why you are receiving Zosyn, you will get a dose of it every 8 hours, three times a day, or every 6 hours, four times a day.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
How does antibiotic resistance affect healthcare costs?
Antibiotic resistance is an economic burden on the entire healthcare system. Resistant infections co...
Which foods and drugs can interact dangerously with antibiotics?
In the following list, you'll find the most common and easily avoided sources of adverse drug re...