How do I receive piperacillin and tazobactam?

Piperacillin and tazobactam (brand name Zosyn) is only available as an intravenous injection (IV). A bag containing the antibiotic medication will be hung from a pole, and this bag will be connected to an IV line. Most often, you will get a dose of medicine dripped into the IV for about 30 minutes; this will be repeated several times a day. Depending on why you are receiving Zosyn, you will get a dose of it every 8 hours, three times a day, or every 6 hours, four times a day.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
Dr. Todd A. Welch, DMDDr. Todd A. Welch, DMD
You only need to take an antibiotic premedication if the dentist will be doing a procedure that invo...
Do antibiotic ointments have any side effects?
There are many different antibiotic ointments. Some antibiotic ointments can cause an allergic r...