How does sulfadiazine interact with medications or food?

Certain medications and foods react adversely with sulfadiazine. While taking sulfadiazine you should never use other sulfonamide medications. Other medications that may interfere with your dosage of sulfadiazine include: probenecid, diuretics, sulfonylureas and other diabetes medications, salicylates, blood thinners and indomethacin. Sulfadiazine can be taken with or without food. However, it is recommended that you take sulfadiazine with plenty of water to ensure proper absorption of the medication. Additionally, you should not drink alcohol with sulfadiazine until you know how you will react to it.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Can antibiotics treat cholesteatoma?
Often, ear infections occur with cholesteatoma, and antibiotics are frequently used to treat those i...
Do I need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick, green or yellow?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...