What are the side effects of Zyvox?

Some of the more minor side effects of Zyvox include diarrhea, upset stomach, constipation, rash, dizziness, headache, fever, vomiting, and insomnia. More serious side effects may include severe diarrhea, signs of infection, abnormal bleeding or bruising, low energy, and pale skin. Some people who take Zyvox develop a serious condition called lactic acidosis. Symptoms of this potentially life-threatening side effect include difficulty breathing, nausea followed by vomiting, stomach pain, abnormal heart rate, dizziness, muscle weakness or pain, weakness, tiredness, and numbness in the arms and legs. Seek medical attention immediately if you develop any of these symptoms.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick, green or yellow?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...
Do antibiotic ointments have any side effects?
There are many different antibiotic ointments. Some antibiotic ointments can cause an allergic r...