What are the side effects of Zyvox?

Some of the more minor side effects of Zyvox include diarrhea, upset stomach, constipation, rash, dizziness, headache, fever, vomiting, and insomnia. More serious side effects may include severe diarrhea, signs of infection, abnormal bleeding or bruising, low energy, and pale skin. Some people who take Zyvox develop a serious condition called lactic acidosis. Symptoms of this potentially life-threatening side effect include difficulty breathing, nausea followed by vomiting, stomach pain, abnormal heart rate, dizziness, muscle weakness or pain, weakness, tiredness, and numbness in the arms and legs. Seek medical attention immediately if you develop any of these symptoms.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
What should I avoid while using an antibiotic ointment?
While you are using an antibiotic ointment, avoid things that will irritate your wound like clot...
When is it appropriate to give children antibiotics?
When your child is coughing, sneezing, and downright miserable, the temptation is there to request a...