What are the side effects of Zosyn?

Zosyn's side effects are usually mild, but be sure to contact your doctor right away if you start showing signs of an allergic reaction. These signs include: the appearance of a rash or hives on your skin; swelling in your throat, around your mouth, on your face or on your hands; and shortness of breath or trouble breathing. Other serious side effects that require prompt medical attention include: bleeding or bruising more easily than normal, sometimes accompanied by feeling weak; flu-like symptoms; convulsions and seizures; watery, bloody diarrhea; dry mouth accompanied by rapid heart rate; confusion; spells of lightheadedness or fainting; muscle aches; and increased need to urinate. Zosyn's more common side effects include: stomach upset, such as nausea, vomiting and constipation; headaches; insomnia; anxiety; skin rash or itching; painful swelling around the injection site; and vaginal yeast infections. Contact your doctor if any of these side effects persist or become worse.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Does my child need antibiotics if his nose runs with yellow or green mucus?
When germs that cause colds first infect the nose and sinuses, the nose makes clear mucus. This help...
Can I take antibiotics for an oral infection if I'm pregnant?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Your dentist may need to use or prescribe medication as part of your treatment. Some medications...