What are the side effects of tobramycin ophthalmic ointment?

Tobramycin ophthalmic ointment can occasionally cause eye irritation, with itchy, red, swollen, burning or watery eyes. Talk to your doctor if these symptoms persist. If you have an allergic reaction to tobramycin, marked by facial swelling, hives, itchy rash and difficulty breathing, seek emergency care, call 911.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
What is an antibiotic ointment?
An antibiotic ointment is an oil-based preparation that fights bacteria on the skin. For example...
Who should not use an antibiotic ointment?
People with sensitive skin or who are unsure of what the rash is should avoid topical antibiotic...