What are the side effects of paromomycin sulfate?

The side effects associated with paromomycin sulfate include stomach cramps, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and itching. Talk to your doctor if these symptoms bother you or persist. Other, more serious side effects can also occur. These include a ringing sound in the ears, decreased or stopped urine output, dizziness, or an allergic reaction marked by difficulty breathing, an itchy rash, hives, and swelling in the face, mouth, or throat. Seek emergency care for any of these severe side effects.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
What is an antibiotic?
An antibiotic is a chemical that assists your immune system in getting rid of bacteria. Antibiotics ...
Should I give my child antibiotics for a viral infection?
Antibiotics should not be given for viral infections. Antibiotics are effective against bacteria...