What are the side effects of paromomycin sulfate?

The side effects associated with paromomycin sulfate include stomach cramps, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and itching. Talk to your doctor if these symptoms bother you or persist. Other, more serious side effects can also occur. These include a ringing sound in the ears, decreased or stopped urine output, dizziness, or an allergic reaction marked by difficulty breathing, an itchy rash, hives, and swelling in the face, mouth, or throat. Seek emergency care for any of these severe side effects.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...
How effective are antibiotics?
Louise E. Sivak, MDLouise E. Sivak, MD
This is a very broad question so you can provide me with some specifics. An antibiotic is effective ...