What are the side effects of paromomycin sulfate?

The side effects associated with paromomycin sulfate include stomach cramps, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and itching. Talk to your doctor if these symptoms bother you or persist. Other, more serious side effects can also occur. These include a ringing sound in the ears, decreased or stopped urine output, dizziness, or an allergic reaction marked by difficulty breathing, an itchy rash, hives, and swelling in the face, mouth, or throat. Seek emergency care for any of these severe side effects.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...
What is an antibiotic ointment?
An antibiotic ointment is an oil-based preparation that fights bacteria on the skin. For example...
When should my child take antibiotics?
Your child should take antibiotics if your doctor prescribes them.  Antibiotics are used to treat ba...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...