What are the side effects of neomycin sulfate?

Neomycin sulfate can cause a variety of side effects. If you have trouble breathing, swelling in the face, lips, tongue, or neck, or hives, you may be allergic to the medication and should get immediate medical assistance.

Call your doctor right away if you experience other serious side effects such as: little or no urination; trouble breathing; fever; stools that looks greasy; increased thirst; unusual weakness or fatigue; hearing loss; ringing, or full feeling in the ears; clumsiness, dizziness, or unsteadiness; numb or tingling skin; seizures; muscle twitching; stomach cramps; and severe watery diarrhea.

Call your doctor if you have nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or headaches that are persistent or bothersome.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...
Do I need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick, green or yellow?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...