What are the side effects of neomycin sulfate?

Neomycin sulfate can cause a variety of side effects. If you have trouble breathing, swelling in the face, lips, tongue, or neck, or hives, you may be allergic to the medication and should get immediate medical assistance.

Call your doctor right away if you experience other serious side effects such as: little or no urination; trouble breathing; fever; stools that looks greasy; increased thirst; unusual weakness or fatigue; hearing loss; ringing, or full feeling in the ears; clumsiness, dizziness, or unsteadiness; numb or tingling skin; seizures; muscle twitching; stomach cramps; and severe watery diarrhea.

Call your doctor if you have nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or headaches that are persistent or bothersome.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
How were antibiotics discovered?
It is unlikely that anyone alive today can remember what life was like before antibiotics. It was a ...
Why should I continue taking antibiotics even if I feel better?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
You should continue taking antibiotics even if you feel better to be sure to kill off all the bacter...