What are the side effects of meropenem?

Meropenem can cause a variety of side effects, including allergic reactions, such as hives; swelling in the face, throat, lips or tongue; or trouble breathing. If this happens, tell the doctor or nurse immediately. Other side effects include: watery or severe diarrhea; skin rash; seizures; unusual bruising or bleeding; or unusual weakness or fatigue. You may continue to receive meropenem with these side effects: headaches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation or irritation at the injection site.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Why should I continue taking antibiotics even if I feel better?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
You should continue taking antibiotics even if you feel better to be sure to kill off all the bacter...
Should I let my doctor know I am using antibiotic ointment?
It is always important to let your doctor know what medications you are on. Some ointments can c...