What are the side effects of meropenem?

Meropenem can cause a variety of side effects, including allergic reactions, such as hives; swelling in the face, throat, lips or tongue; or trouble breathing. If this happens, tell the doctor or nurse immediately. Other side effects include: watery or severe diarrhea; skin rash; seizures; unusual bruising or bleeding; or unusual weakness or fatigue. You may continue to receive meropenem with these side effects: headaches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation or irritation at the injection site.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do antibiotic ointments have any side effects?
There are many different antibiotic ointments. Some antibiotic ointments can cause an allergic r...
When is it appropriate to give children antibiotics?
When your child is coughing, sneezing, and downright miserable, the temptation is there to request a...