What are the side effects of fosfomycin?

Common side effects of fosfomycin include: back pain, vaginal itching, runny nose, nausea, diarrhea, headaches, vaginal discharge, abdominal pain, upset stomach, painful menstruation, sore throat, weakness and dizziness. Some side effects of fosfomycin can be serious. Call your doctor right away if you experience any of the following: rash, fever, joint pain or jaundice (yellowing of the eyes or skin).  Some people can be allergic to fosfomycin. Call 911 immediately if you have any symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as difficulty breathing, hives, swelling of the lips, tongue, throat, mouth, eyes and face.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Which foods and drugs can interact dangerously with antibiotics?
In the following list, you'll find the most common and easily avoided sources of adverse drug re...
Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?
A "green" runny nose is not necessarily an indication of a bacterial infection, but it could be. You...