What are the side effects of fosfomycin?

Common side effects of fosfomycin include: back pain, vaginal itching, runny nose, nausea, diarrhea, headaches, vaginal discharge, abdominal pain, upset stomach, painful menstruation, sore throat, weakness and dizziness. Some side effects of fosfomycin can be serious. Call your doctor right away if you experience any of the following: rash, fever, joint pain or jaundice (yellowing of the eyes or skin).  Some people can be allergic to fosfomycin. Call 911 immediately if you have any symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as difficulty breathing, hives, swelling of the lips, tongue, throat, mouth, eyes and face.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...
What foods should I avoid if I take antibiotics?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take quinolones (antibiotics) such as ciprofloxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin), ofloxac...