What are the side effects of doripenem?

Side effects of doripenem may include diarrhea, nausea, headaches and swelling, pain or redness at the site of injection. White patches, vaginal itching and mild skin rash are also side effects of doripenem. Some side effects of this medication may be serious and require emergency medical assistance. These include: trouble breathing, seizures, easy bruising or bleeding, hives, watery or bloody diarrhea, fever, sore throat, headaches with severe blistering, peeling, red skin rash and weakness.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
What types of infections can antibiotics treat?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Antibiotics are medicines that only treat bacterial infections. Different medicines kill different t...
Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?
A "green" runny nose is not necessarily an indication of a bacterial infection, but it could be. You...