What are the side effects of colistimethate (Coly-Mycin M Parenteral)?

If you have any of the following side effects of colistimethate (Coly-Mycin M Parenteral), call your doctor immediately:

• Blurry vision
  • Change in color of urine and/or decreased urine or frequency
  • urinating
  • Confusion
  • Diarrhea
  • Difficulty walking
  • Dizziness
  • Fever or any other sign of infection
  • Injection site discomfort
  • Itching, hives or rash
  • Muscle weakness
  • Numbness and tingling of the extremities and tongue
  • Upset stomach

Call 911 for:

• difficulty breathing
  • slurred speech

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
What happens if I don't finish my antibiotic prescription?
It is important to complete your antibiotic course as prescribed. This prevents the infection fr...
How do antibiotics work?
Each type of antibiotic targets a specific aspect of a bacteria's life by interfering with either th...