What are the side effects of imipenem and cilastatin injection?

Common side effects for imipenem-cilastatin injection include diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. Other side effects are more severe. If one or more of the following side effects develop, talk to your doctor immediately:

• confusion and dizziness
  • excessive sweating
  • fever
  • injection site pain
  • nausea
  • rash, hives, itching
  • seizures
  • tremors
  • unusual fatigue
  • wheezing

Other less common, but serious, side effects may develop. Contact your doctor right away if you experience the following:

• bloody diarrhea
  • fever
  • severe stomach or abdominal ache
  • watery diarrhea

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Does my child need antibiotics if his nose runs with yellow or green mucus?
When germs that cause colds first infect the nose and sinuses, the nose makes clear mucus. This help...
When is it appropriate to give children antibiotics?
When your child is coughing, sneezing, and downright miserable, the temptation is there to request a...