What are the side effects of ertapenem injection?

The following side effects are serious; if you experience any of them, call your doctor and stop taking ertapenem injection: fever, watery or bloody diarrhea, seizures, confusion or swelling of the feet, hands or ankles. There are also less serious side effects, which include: headaches, vaginal itching/discharge and vomiting.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
What is an antibiotic?
An antibiotic is a chemical that assists your immune system in getting rid of bacteria. Antibiotics ...
What are common side effects of antibiotics?
Common side effects of antibiotics are nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, headache, rashes and al...