Should pregnant women take gentamicin?

Gentamicin is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections. It is not yet known how this drug affects pregnancy. Pregnant women or those planning to be should tell their doctor and discuss the benefits and risks with this drug.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
When cold or flu germs infect the nose, the nose makes mucus to help wash the germs away. At fir...
When should I take antibiotics?
Antibiotics kill both bad and good bacteria. In this video, Dr. Oz tells us when you should take...