Who should not use ampicillin and sulbactam?

People who are allergic to ampicillin, sulbactam, penicillins or any ingredient in this medication, should not use ampicillin-sulbactam. People who do not have bacterial infections should not use this medication to treat their illness. People with mononucleosis, or who have heart or kidney disease, may not be able to take ampicillin-sulbactam. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should check with their doctors to see if this medication is safe for them to take. Ampicillin-sulbactam is recommended for use in patients older than 12 years of age.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Can I take antibiotics for an oral infection if I'm pregnant?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Your dentist may need to use or prescribe medication as part of your treatment. Some medications...
Who should not use an antibiotic ointment?
People with sensitive skin or who are unsure of what the rash is should avoid topical antibiotic...
Is there a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin)?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...
When is it appropriate to give children antibiotics?
When your child is coughing, sneezing, and downright miserable, the temptation is there to request a...