Who should not take trovafloxacin and azithromycin?

Children under 18 years old should not take trovafloxacin and azithromycin because is may cause problems with bone development. The drug has not been proven safe for pregnant or breast-feeding women, or a developing fetus or nursing infant. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant, may become pregnant or are breast-feeding, before using the medicine. Also talk to your physician if you have any brain or spinal cord problems, epilepsy, seizures, or liver disease, as these conditions may be complicated by use of this drug.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
What is an antibiotic?
An antibiotic is a chemical that assists your immune system in getting rid of bacteria. Antibiotics ...
How do antibiotics work with the body's immune system?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Sometimes the body's immune system is unable to activate itself quickly enough to outpace the reprod...