Who should not take trovafloxacin and azithromycin?

Children under 18 years old should not take trovafloxacin and azithromycin because is may cause problems with bone development. The drug has not been proven safe for pregnant or breast-feeding women, or a developing fetus or nursing infant. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant, may become pregnant or are breast-feeding, before using the medicine. Also talk to your physician if you have any brain or spinal cord problems, epilepsy, seizures, or liver disease, as these conditions may be complicated by use of this drug.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
When should my child take antibiotics?
Your child should take antibiotics if your doctor prescribes them.  Antibiotics are used to treat ba...
What happens if I don't finish my antibiotic prescription?
It is important to complete your antibiotic course as prescribed. This prevents the infection fr...