Who should not take paromomycin sulfate?

This drug is not advised for people with intestinal obstructions or ulcerative colitis, as it may lead to kidney damage. Also, if you have aspirin hypersensitivity, you may have an allergic reaction to this drug. You may not be able to take this drug if you have inflammatory bowel disease, a stomach ulcer, or kidney or liver disease. Avoid this drug if you have a known allergy to any of its ingredients. It is also not recommended for pregnant or breast-feeding women.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...
Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...