Who should not take Macrodantin?

Don't take Macrodantin if you have severe kidney disease or are experiencing problems urinating. Avoid the drug if you know you're allergic to it or have experienced adverse kidney or liver side effects. Pregnant women in the last month of pregnancy should not take Macrodantin. Talk to your doctor before taking Macrodantin if you have anemia, diabetes, electrolyte imbalance, vitamin B deficiency, G6PD deficiency or any other serious health condition. Also, discuss the benefits and risks of Macrodantin with your doctor if you are breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...
Can antibiotics help relieve pain from rheumatoid arthritis?
Antibiotics are an old treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) that are getting a fresh look, though...