Who should not take Cleocin T?

Cleocin T should not be used by children under 12 years of age because safety and efficacy have not been determined. Sufficient studies have not been conducted to determine if people over 65 years of age respond differently than younger people, so care should be exercised when this medication is used by the elderly. This is known as a Category B drug, so pregnant women or women planning on becoming pregnant should discuss the potential risks with their doctor prior to taking this medication. Nursing women should be aware that it is not certain if the topical version of this drug is absorbed enough into the bloodstream to be passed through breast milk.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
When can antibiotics hurt more than help?
Some people may say there's no harm in taking antibiotics if you feel bad, but if you're fighting of...
How do antibiotics affect good bacteria?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
If you take antibiotics repeatedly, you diminish the population of good bacteria that protects y...