Who should not use gentamicin sulfate ophthalmic ointment?

Do not use gentamicin sulfate ophthalmic ointment if you:
  • have had a past allergic reaciton to any of its ingredients
  • have a fungal or viral eye infection, as this medication only treats bacterial infections
Be sure that your doctor knows if you:
  • wear contact lenses
  • are pregnant or nursing (It is not known whether this medication causes harm to a developing or nursing baby.)

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...
Why should I continue taking antibiotics even if I feel better?
Cynthia Kubas , NASM Elite TrainerCynthia Kubas , NASM Elite Trainer
Microorganisms multiply rapidly, and as the "parent" microbes are exposed to the antibiotic in your ...