What should I know about Macrodantin before taking it?

Make sure to take the full course of Macrodantin prescribed to you, and to get checkups recommended by your doctor to verify that the infection is gone. If you stop treatment too early, you risk a relapse of the infection. Take the drug with food or milk but avoid antacids.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
What should I know about trovafloxacin and azithromycin before taking them?
It is not known if azithromycin eyedrops are safe or effective for children under 1 year old. If yo...
Do antibiotic ointments have any side effects?
There are many different antibiotic ointments. Some antibiotic ointments can cause an allergic r...