What should I know about Ketek before taking it?

Ketek is contraindicated for people with liver problems. Also, extremely serious side effects can result from Ketek if you have myasthenia gravis. You may have an allergy to Ketek if you previously had allergic reactions to other antibiotics. Make sure to continue taking Ketek for the full period in which it was prescribed, even if your symptoms improve. Stopping antibiotic treatment before the end of the prescription can result in a serious relapse.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Can antibiotics help relieve pain from rheumatoid arthritis?
Antibiotics are an old treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) that are getting a fresh look, though...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
Dr. Todd A. Welch, DMDDr. Todd A. Welch, DMD
You only need to take an antibiotic premedication if the dentist will be doing a procedure that invo...
What should I know about trovafloxacin and azithromycin before taking them?
It is not known if azithromycin eyedrops are safe or effective for children under 1 year old. If yo...