What should I know about Ketek before taking it?

Ketek is contraindicated for people with liver problems. Also, extremely serious side effects can result from Ketek if you have myasthenia gravis. You may have an allergy to Ketek if you previously had allergic reactions to other antibiotics. Make sure to continue taking Ketek for the full period in which it was prescribed, even if your symptoms improve. Stopping antibiotic treatment before the end of the prescription can result in a serious relapse.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Can antibiotics treat cholesteatoma?
Often, ear infections occur with cholesteatoma, and antibiotics are frequently used to treat those i...
Can overuse of antibiotics cause liver damage?
Certain antibiotics can cause damage to the liver, some types such as isoniazid, nitrofurantoin,...