How should I take Zyvox?

Zyvox is available in several forms: oral liquid, tablet, and injectable. If you are taking Zyvox intravenously, a healthcare practitioner will administer your dosage. It can take up to two hours for this medication to fully drip into your vein. If you are taking Zyvox in oral liquid form, turn the bottle upside down three to five times (do not shake) to ensure it is fully mixed. Make sure you use a measuring cup for your dose, not a tablespoon. Zyvox can be taken with or without food. Make sure that you finish your entire Zyvox prescription, even if you are feeling better.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Should I let my doctor know I am using antibiotic ointment?
It is always important to let your doctor know what medications you are on. Some ointments can c...
Do antibiotics treat all bacterial infections?
There are many different types of antibiotics that are made to treat various bacterial infections. H...