How should I take Zyvox?

Zyvox is available in several forms: oral liquid, tablet, and injectable. If you are taking Zyvox intravenously, a healthcare practitioner will administer your dosage. It can take up to two hours for this medication to fully drip into your vein. If you are taking Zyvox in oral liquid form, turn the bottle upside down three to five times (do not shake) to ensure it is fully mixed. Make sure you use a measuring cup for your dose, not a tablespoon. Zyvox can be taken with or without food. Make sure that you finish your entire Zyvox prescription, even if you are feeling better.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...
Do antibiotic ointments have any side effects?
Ronald G. Glass, DDSRonald G. Glass, DDS
Triple antibiotic agents are usually creams or ointments that contain 3 antimicrobial agents. The id...