How will I receive Zosyn?

Zosyn is administered through an intravenous (IV) drip by a trained health professional. A needle is inserted into a vein in your arm and the medicine is placed in a bag above you. The medicine then drips down through a tube, into the needle and into your blood. You may be given tests afterward to see how effectively the medicine is treating your infection. If your doctor wants you to take an extended treatment of Zosyn, you may be given a kit to take home to allow you to self-administer the medication.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Can I take antibiotics for an oral infection if I'm pregnant?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Your dentist may need to use or prescribe medication as part of your treatment. Some medications...
Can antibiotics treat a viral infection?
In general, antibiotics are useless against viral illnesses. Viruses cause many of the most comm...
How can I safely take antibiotics?
Do not demand antibiotics when a doctor says they are not needed. Do not take an antibiotic for a vi...
What foods should I avoid if I take antibiotics?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take quinolones (antibiotics) such as ciprofloxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin), ofloxac...