How will I receive Zosyn?

Zosyn is administered through an intravenous (IV) drip by a trained health professional. A needle is inserted into a vein in your arm and the medicine is placed in a bag above you. The medicine then drips down through a tube, into the needle and into your blood. You may be given tests afterward to see how effectively the medicine is treating your infection. If your doctor wants you to take an extended treatment of Zosyn, you may be given a kit to take home to allow you to self-administer the medication.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
What is an antibiotic ointment?
An antibiotic ointment is an oil-based preparation that fights bacteria on the skin. For example...
Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...