How will I receive Zosyn?

Zosyn is administered through an intravenous (IV) drip by a trained health professional. A needle is inserted into a vein in your arm and the medicine is placed in a bag above you. The medicine then drips down through a tube, into the needle and into your blood. You may be given tests afterward to see how effectively the medicine is treating your infection. If your doctor wants you to take an extended treatment of Zosyn, you may be given a kit to take home to allow you to self-administer the medication.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?
A "green" runny nose is not necessarily an indication of a bacterial infection, but it could be. You...
Can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...