What should I avoid while using an antibiotic ointment?

While you are using an antibiotic ointment, avoid things that will irritate your wound like clothing or contact. Because of the moisture of the ointment you may not want to use a bandage, as it may not stick well to your skin.

You should watch for signs of infection. Signs of infection include: redness spreading from the wound site, increasing pain, drainage, warmth, swelling and a bad odor. If you experience any sign of infection, you should contact your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Should antibiotics be banned in animal feed?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested that livestock producers cut back on low-dose a...
Does my child need antibiotics if his nose runs with yellow or green mucus?
When germs that cause colds first infect the nose and sinuses, the nose makes clear mucus. This help...