What should I know about demeclocycline before taking it?

Before taking demeclocycline, you should know that the drug can interact with other medications and foods, such as antacids and calcium. You also should understand that demeclocycline should not be taken by pregnant women or young children, as it could cause long-term bone, dental and growth problems in children. When taken with other medications, such as birth control pills, demeclocycline might make those medications less effective. Additionally, you need to know how to take demeclocycline before you take the drug: It should be taken on an empty stomach with a full glass of water.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Can overuse of antibiotics cause liver damage?
Certain antibiotics can cause damage to the liver, some types such as isoniazid, nitrofurantoin,...
How were antibiotics discovered?
It is unlikely that anyone alive today can remember what life was like before antibiotics. It was a ...