What should I know about demeclocycline before taking it?

Before taking demeclocycline, you should know that the drug can interact with other medications and foods, such as antacids and calcium. You also should understand that demeclocycline should not be taken by pregnant women or young children, as it could cause long-term bone, dental and growth problems in children. When taken with other medications, such as birth control pills, demeclocycline might make those medications less effective. Additionally, you need to know how to take demeclocycline before you take the drug: It should be taken on an empty stomach with a full glass of water.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Which foods and drugs can interact dangerously with antibiotics?
In the following list, you'll find the most common and easily avoided sources of adverse drug re...
Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...