What should I know about Cleocin T before taking it?

The use of Cleocin T may cause burning, itching, dryness, peeling, erythema, oily skin or redness of the skin for some people. Although little is expected to be absorbed into the bloodstream, side effects like stomach pain and gastrointestinal disturbances may happen. On rare occasions, an intestinal condition may result from the presence of a resistant bacteria while using the drug, or even weeks to months after you have stopped using it. Also, it is not advised to use this product if you have a hypersensitivity to clindamycin or lincomycin, regional enteritis, ulcerative colitis or a history of antibiotic-associated colitis. Also, be sure to let your doctor know if you have hay fever, chronic asthma or any intestinal problems prior to taking this medication. This drug should only be used when absolutely necessary when a woman is pregnant. If enough is absorbed into the blood stream, it is passed through breast milk to a nursing infant.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
Dr. Todd A. Welch, DMDDr. Todd A. Welch, DMD
You only need to take an antibiotic premedication if the dentist will be doing a procedure that invo...
When is it appropriate to give children antibiotics?
When your child is coughing, sneezing, and downright miserable, the temptation is there to request a...