What should I know about Cleocin T before taking it?

The use of Cleocin T may cause burning, itching, dryness, peeling, erythema, oily skin or redness of the skin for some people. Although little is expected to be absorbed into the bloodstream, side effects like stomach pain and gastrointestinal disturbances may happen. On rare occasions, an intestinal condition may result from the presence of a resistant bacteria while using the drug, or even weeks to months after you have stopped using it. Also, it is not advised to use this product if you have a hypersensitivity to clindamycin or lincomycin, regional enteritis, ulcerative colitis or a history of antibiotic-associated colitis. Also, be sure to let your doctor know if you have hay fever, chronic asthma or any intestinal problems prior to taking this medication. This drug should only be used when absolutely necessary when a woman is pregnant. If enough is absorbed into the blood stream, it is passed through breast milk to a nursing infant.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

How were antibiotics discovered?
It is unlikely that anyone alive today can remember what life was like before antibiotics. It was a ...
Should antibiotics be banned in animal feed?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested that livestock producers cut back on low-dose a...
What should I know about trovafloxacin and azithromycin before taking them?
It is not known if azithromycin eyedrops are safe or effective for children under 1 year old. If yo...
What should I avoid while using an antibiotic ointment?
While you are using an antibiotic ointment, avoid things that will irritate your wound like clot...