When should I call my doctor about problems taking nitrofurantoin?

If you get a cough that does not go away after a few days, a rash, or have problems breathing, call your doctor right away. See your doctor if your fingers and toes feel numb, you have chest pain, fever and chills, or your lips or tongue swell. These are severe symptoms that require immediate attention.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
When should I take antibiotics?
You should take antibiotics to treat bacterial infections if your doctor prescribes them. It is very...
How were antibiotics discovered?
It is unlikely that anyone alive today can remember what life was like before antibiotics. It was a ...