What are possible side effects of piperacillin and tazobactam injection?

Piperacillin and tazobactam (Zosyn), once mixed and injected, may lead to side effects, including nausea, headaches, insomnia, constipation or diarrhea. You may experience irritation at the injection site. Tell your doctor right away if you have a fever, anxiety, fatigue or if your blood pressure increases. Call 911 for immediate medical attention if you experience chest pain, difficulty breathing, irregular heartbeat or an allergic reaction. Symptoms of an allergic reaction includes: hives, swelling of the face, tongue or throat and difficulty breathing.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Why should I continue taking antibiotics even if I feel better?
Cynthia Kubas , NASM Elite TrainerCynthia Kubas , NASM Elite Trainer
Microorganisms multiply rapidly, and as the "parent" microbes are exposed to the antibiotic in your ...
Should I let my doctor know I am using antibiotic ointment?
It is always important to let your doctor know what medications you are on. Some ointments can c...