What are possible side effects of piperacillin and tazobactam injection?

Piperacillin and tazobactam (Zosyn), once mixed and injected, may lead to side effects, including nausea, headaches, insomnia, constipation or diarrhea. You may experience irritation at the injection site. Tell your doctor right away if you have a fever, anxiety, fatigue or if your blood pressure increases. Call 911 for immediate medical attention if you experience chest pain, difficulty breathing, irregular heartbeat or an allergic reaction. Symptoms of an allergic reaction includes: hives, swelling of the face, tongue or throat and difficulty breathing.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?
A "green" runny nose is not necessarily an indication of a bacterial infection, but it could be. You...
Can overuse of antibiotics cause liver damage?
Certain antibiotics can cause damage to the liver, some types such as isoniazid, nitrofurantoin,...