How does paromomycin sulfate interact with other medications or food?

There are no known interactions with food when taking paromomycin sulfate. Taking this prescription drug with digoxin may reduce the absorption rate of the digoxin, which may be offset by a reduced digoxin metabolism. It also affects the absorption of methotrexate. Paromomycin sulfate is also known to increase the action of both depolarizing and nondepolarizing neuromuscular blocking agents. Talk to your doctor about all prescription or over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements that you are taking, before starting on this drug.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Which foods and drugs can interact dangerously with antibiotics?
In the following list, you'll find the most common and easily avoided sources of adverse drug re...
Should antibiotics be banned in animal feed?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested that livestock producers cut back on low-dose a...