How does paromomycin sulfate interact with other medications or food?

There are no known interactions with food when taking paromomycin sulfate. Taking this prescription drug with digoxin may reduce the absorption rate of the digoxin, which may be offset by a reduced digoxin metabolism. It also affects the absorption of methotrexate. Paromomycin sulfate is also known to increase the action of both depolarizing and nondepolarizing neuromuscular blocking agents. Talk to your doctor about all prescription or over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements that you are taking, before starting on this drug.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do antibiotics treat all bacterial infections?
There are many different types of antibiotics that are made to treat various bacterial infections. H...
Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?
A "green" runny nose is not necessarily an indication of a bacterial infection, but it could be. You...