How does paromomycin sulfate interact with other medications or food?

There are no known interactions with food when taking paromomycin sulfate. Taking this prescription drug with digoxin may reduce the absorption rate of the digoxin, which may be offset by a reduced digoxin metabolism. It also affects the absorption of methotrexate. Paromomycin sulfate is also known to increase the action of both depolarizing and nondepolarizing neuromuscular blocking agents. Talk to your doctor about all prescription or over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements that you are taking, before starting on this drug.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Does my child need antibiotics if his nose runs with yellow or green mucus?
When germs that cause colds first infect the nose and sinuses, the nose makes clear mucus. This help...
Can overuse of antibiotics cause liver damage?
Certain antibiotics can cause damage to the liver, some types such as isoniazid, nitrofurantoin,...
What should I avoid while using an antibiotic ointment?
While you are using an antibiotic ointment, avoid things that will irritate your wound like clot...
Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...