What should I know about paromomycin sulfate before taking it?

Paromomycin sulfate may result in an overgrowth of fungi or other organisms that are unaffected by the antibiotic. Therefore, anyone taking this drug will need to be constantly monitored so that appropriate measures may be taken to combat these secondary infections, if necessary. This drug is not advised for people with intestinal obstructions or ulcerative colitis, as it may lead to kidney damage. Also, if you have aspirin hypersensitivity, you may have an allergic reaction to this drug. You may not be able to take this drug if you have inflammatory bowel disease, a stomach ulcer, or kidney or liver disease. This drug can make you dizzy, so until you know how this drug will affect, do not drive. This drug is likely to harm developing fetuses, so pregnant women are advised not to take this drug.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...
Can antibiotics help relieve pain from rheumatoid arthritis?
Antibiotics are an old treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) that are getting a fresh look, though...
Can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...
Why should I continue taking antibiotics even if I feel better?
Cynthia Kubas , NASM Elite TrainerCynthia Kubas , NASM Elite Trainer
Microorganisms multiply rapidly, and as the "parent" microbes are exposed to the antibiotic in your ...