What should I know about paromomycin sulfate before taking it?

Paromomycin sulfate may result in an overgrowth of fungi or other organisms that are unaffected by the antibiotic. Therefore, anyone taking this drug will need to be constantly monitored so that appropriate measures may be taken to combat these secondary infections, if necessary. This drug is not advised for people with intestinal obstructions or ulcerative colitis, as it may lead to kidney damage. Also, if you have aspirin hypersensitivity, you may have an allergic reaction to this drug. You may not be able to take this drug if you have inflammatory bowel disease, a stomach ulcer, or kidney or liver disease. This drug can make you dizzy, so until you know how this drug will affect, do not drive. This drug is likely to harm developing fetuses, so pregnant women are advised not to take this drug.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
What foods should I avoid if I take antibiotics?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take quinolones (antibiotics) such as ciprofloxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin), ofloxac...
Can overuse of antibiotics cause liver damage?
Certain antibiotics can cause damage to the liver, some types such as isoniazid, nitrofurantoin,...