Who should not use clindamycin phosphate topical solution?

People who have colitis, intestinal swelling or allergies to the ingredients in clindamycin topical solution should not use it. Breastfeeding women should stop nursing while using clindamycin topical solution. Additionally, pregnant women should talk to their doctors about the risks they would be taking by using clindamycin topical solution before doing so. Parents of children under 12 years of age should do the same.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?
A "green" runny nose is not necessarily an indication of a bacterial infection, but it could be. You...
Does my child need antibiotics if his nose runs with yellow or green mucus?
When germs that cause colds first infect the nose and sinuses, the nose makes clear mucus. This help...