Who should not use clindamycin phosphate topical solution?

People who have colitis, intestinal swelling or allergies to the ingredients in clindamycin topical solution should not use it. Breastfeeding women should stop nursing while using clindamycin topical solution. Additionally, pregnant women should talk to their doctors about the risks they would be taking by using clindamycin topical solution before doing so. Parents of children under 12 years of age should do the same.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Why should I continue taking antibiotics even if I feel better?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
You should continue taking antibiotics even if you feel better to be sure to kill off all the bacter...
When is it appropriate to give children antibiotics?
When your child is coughing, sneezing, and downright miserable, the temptation is there to request a...