Who should not use tobramycin ophthalmic ointment?

Tobramycin ophthalmic ointment (Tobrex) should not be used by anyone who is allergic to tobramycin or to antibiotics that are similar to it. Be sure to tell your doctor about any of the medicines you take, and any allergies or medical conditions you may have, before using tobramycin ophthalmic ointment. This medicine is not known to harm the fetus during pregnancy. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding to discuss any risks.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
What happens if I don't finish my antibiotic prescription?
Not finishing an entire course of antibiotic treatment can have some bad outcomes.  Although you...
Can antibiotics cure Lyme disease?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
Two key points about Lyme disease:Active Lyme disease can persist after antibiotic therapy.Active Ly...