Who should not take piperacillin and tazobactam injection?

You should not receive piperacillin and tazobactam (Zosyn) if you have kidney disease, cystic fibrosis or bleeding disorders. You should not receive this medication if you have diarrhea. You should not receive this solution if you are allergic to cephalosporin or penicillin. Use with caution if you are elderly, during salt restricted diets, during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do antibiotic ointments have any side effects?
Ronald G. Glass, DDSRonald G. Glass, DDS
Triple antibiotic agents are usually creams or ointments that contain 3 antimicrobial agents. The id...
When should my child take antibiotics?
Your child should take antibiotics if your doctor prescribes them.  Antibiotics are used to treat ba...