Who should not take chloramphenicol sodium succinate?

Chloramphenicol sodium succinate should not be taken by people allergic to the medication. It should also not be used by people with minor infections, such as cold, flu or sore throat, or by people with kidney problems, liver disease, anemia or bone marrow problems. People seeking to prevent bacterial infections should not use chloramphenicol sodium succinate.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...