Does neomycin interact with other medications?

Neomycin can interact with a number of other medications. Before taking neomycin, tell your doctor about all of the prescription medications, over-the-counter medications, vitamins and herbal supplements you are taking. Specifically, make sure your doctor knows if you take any of the following:
  • other antibiotics
  • warfarin
  • vitamin B12
  • methotrexate
  • digoxin
  • diuretics
  • cisplatin
  • amphotericin B
  • 5 fluorouracil
  • viomycin
  • any medications that affect the kidneys

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
Dr. Todd A. Welch, DMDDr. Todd A. Welch, DMD
You only need to take an antibiotic premedication if the dentist will be doing a procedure that invo...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...
Is there a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin)?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...