What should I know about neomycin sulfate before taking it?

Before you take neomycin sulfate, tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. The medication is known to cause birth defects. It can also cause kidney or nerve damage. Let your doctor know if you have symptoms such as decreased urination, numbness, or muscle twitching.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
When should I take antibiotics?
You should take antibiotics to treat bacterial infections if your doctor prescribes them. It is very...
Do antibiotic ointments have any side effects?
There are many different antibiotic ointments. Some antibiotic ointments can cause an allergic r...