What should I know about colistin sulfate with neomycin and hydrocortisone?

Colistin sulfate, neomycin sulfate, thonzonium bromide, and hydrocortisone acetate, sold under the brand name Coly-mycin S, should not be used longer than 10 consecutive days without specific instruction from your doctor. It can lead to hearing loss and damage to the ear. You should notice your symptoms improve within a week of treatment but should still complete all medication. Do not use this medication if you are pregnant or nursing. Make sure your ear is dry and clean before administering the medication.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...
Can taking antibiotics cause my child to have loose stools?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
This is not an allergic reaction to the medicine. Diarrhea and mild abdominal pain are two of the mo...