What should I know before using gentamicin sulfate ophthalmic ointment?

Before using gentamicin sulfate ophthalmic ointment, you should know the following:
  • It's important to use this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
  • To prevent contamination, don't allow anything to touch the opening of the tube, and always keep the tube cap on when not using the product.
  • Contact lenses should be removed before you apply this medication. Wait 15 minutes after application before putting your contacts back in.
  • This drug may temporarily blur your vision. Do not drive or operate machinery until you know how you respond to this medication.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Why are antibiotics prescribed to people with COPD?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Antibiotics are frequently used during bronchitic exacerbations to fight bacterial infections due to...
Should antibiotics be banned in animal feed?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested that livestock producers cut back on low-dose a...