What should I know before using gentamicin sulfate ophthalmic ointment?

Before using gentamicin sulfate ophthalmic ointment, you should know the following:
  • It's important to use this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
  • To prevent contamination, don't allow anything to touch the opening of the tube, and always keep the tube cap on when not using the product.
  • Contact lenses should be removed before you apply this medication. Wait 15 minutes after application before putting your contacts back in.
  • This drug may temporarily blur your vision. Do not drive or operate machinery until you know how you respond to this medication.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do antibiotics treat all bacterial infections?
There are many different types of antibiotics that are made to treat various bacterial infections. H...
Can overuse of antibiotics cause liver damage?
Certain antibiotics can cause damage to the liver, some types such as isoniazid, nitrofurantoin,...
How effective are antibiotics?
Louise E. Sivak, MDLouise E. Sivak, MD
This is a very broad question so you can provide me with some specifics. An antibiotic is effective ...
Can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...