What should I know about Tobi before taking it?

Before taking Tobi consult your doctor if you have kidney problems, Parkinson's disease, myasthenia gravis, ear or hearing problems, allergies, or asthma. Taking Tobi with these conditions could be dangerous. Tobi can be harmful to a fetus, so do not take it if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It can harm a nursing infant, so do not take it if you are breast-feeding. In very rare cases, Tobi can result in loss of hearing. Tobi must be taken using a nebulizer. Do not mix any other inhaler medications in the nebulizer with Tobi and clean the nebulizer thoroughly between uses.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Why should I continue taking antibiotics even if I feel better?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
You should continue taking antibiotics even if you feel better to be sure to kill off all the bacter...
Why are antibiotics prescribed to people with COPD?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Antibiotics are frequently used during bronchitic exacerbations to fight bacterial infections due to...