What should I know about Tobi before taking it?

Before taking Tobi consult your doctor if you have kidney problems, Parkinson's disease, myasthenia gravis, ear or hearing problems, allergies, or asthma. Taking Tobi with these conditions could be dangerous. Tobi can be harmful to a fetus, so do not take it if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It can harm a nursing infant, so do not take it if you are breast-feeding. In very rare cases, Tobi can result in loss of hearing. Tobi must be taken using a nebulizer. Do not mix any other inhaler medications in the nebulizer with Tobi and clean the nebulizer thoroughly between uses.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Can antibiotics treat a viral infection?
In general, antibiotics are useless against viral illnesses. Viruses cause many of the most comm...
Can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...