What should I know about ticarcillin disodium-calvulanate potassium?

It is not known if ticarcillin disodium/clalvulanate potassium, also known as Timentin, can harm a fetus. Speak with your doctor if you are pregnant or considering pregnancy, or breastfeeding. Do not take ticarcillin disodium/clalvulanate potassium if you are allergic to this or any other penicillin drug such as: amoxicillin, ampicillin, carbenicillin, dicloxacillin, oxacillin or penicillin. Let your doctor know if you are allergic to cephalosporins, or if you have a bleeding or clotting disorder, asthma, kidney disease, low potassium levels, any allergies or are using a salt-restricted diet. Make sure you take the entire prescription, even if your symptoms improve, or the infection could come back or worsen. This drug will not treat viruses, such as flu. Ticarcillin disodium/clalvulanate potassium can cause birth control pills to be less effective. There may be other medications not listed here that interact with ticarcillin disodium/clavulanate potassium. You should not use this medication if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Should I let my doctor know I am using antibiotic ointment?
It is always important to let your doctor know what medications you are on. Some ointments can c...
Can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...