What should I know about piperacillin and tazobactam injection?

Piperacillin and tazobactam are the ingredients of an antibiotic that is given as an infusion or IV. It is available as a generic drug as well as available under the brand name Zosyn. This solution is an antibiotic that should not be taken if you are allergic to penicillin or cephalosporin medications. Use this medication with caution if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Tell your doctor if you have clotting or bleeding disorders, low potassium levels or are on a salt-restricted diet.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
When should my child take antibiotics?
Your child should take antibiotics if your doctor prescribes them.  Antibiotics are used to treat ba...
Can antibiotics help relieve pain from rheumatoid arthritis?
Antibiotics are an old treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) that are getting a fresh look, though...