What should I know about piperacillin and tazobactam injection?

Piperacillin and tazobactam are the ingredients of an antibiotic that is given as an infusion or IV. It is available as a generic drug as well as available under the brand name Zosyn. This solution is an antibiotic that should not be taken if you are allergic to penicillin or cephalosporin medications. Use this medication with caution if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Tell your doctor if you have clotting or bleeding disorders, low potassium levels or are on a salt-restricted diet.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do antibiotics treat all bacterial infections?
There are many different types of antibiotics that are made to treat various bacterial infections. H...
How does antibiotic resistance affect healthcare costs?
Antibiotic resistance is an economic burden on the entire healthcare system. Resistant infections co...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...
Can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...