What should I know about fosfomycin before taking it?

Don't take fosfomycin if you are allergic to it or to any of its ingredients. Talk to your doctor before taking the drug if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding. If you have or have ever had asthma or liver disease, tell your doctor before taking fosfomycin. Other drugs may interact with fosfomycin, especially metoclopramide. Tell your doctor if you're taking these or any other prescription or over-the-counter drugs, vitamins or supplements.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Can taking antibiotics cause my child to have loose stools?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
This is not an allergic reaction to the medicine. Diarrhea and mild abdominal pain are two of the mo...
Do I need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick, green or yellow?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...