What should I know about fosfomycin before taking it?

Don't take fosfomycin if you are allergic to it or to any of its ingredients. Talk to your doctor before taking the drug if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding. If you have or have ever had asthma or liver disease, tell your doctor before taking fosfomycin. Other drugs may interact with fosfomycin, especially metoclopramide. Tell your doctor if you're taking these or any other prescription or over-the-counter drugs, vitamins or supplements.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
When is it appropriate to give children antibiotics?
When your child is coughing, sneezing, and downright miserable, the temptation is there to request a...
Should I give my child antibiotics for a viral infection?
Remember: Antibiotics treat bacterial infections, not viruses. Don't push your pediatrician for an...