What should I know about fosfomycin before taking it?

Don't take fosfomycin if you are allergic to it or to any of its ingredients. Talk to your doctor before taking the drug if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding. If you have or have ever had asthma or liver disease, tell your doctor before taking fosfomycin. Other drugs may interact with fosfomycin, especially metoclopramide. Tell your doctor if you're taking these or any other prescription or over-the-counter drugs, vitamins or supplements.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose ?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...
can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue ?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...
who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist ?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
The American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines recommend antibiotics before going to the dentist fo...
should i give my child antibiotics ?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...