Is there a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin)?

There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) medication. It is available in several brand-name ointments in combination with two other antibiotics, neomycin, and polymyxin B.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
What are common side effects of antibiotics?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
The more common side effects of antibiotics include diarrhea, digestive disturbances, yeast over...
Can antibiotics cure Lyme disease?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
Two key points about Lyme disease:Active Lyme disease can persist after antibiotic therapy.Active Ly...