Is it safe to drive a car while taking Ketek?

Some of the side effects of Ketek (telithromycin) can make driving dangerous, so someone who's taking this drug (which is used to treat certain types of pneumonia) should not get behind the wheel until it's clear how the drug affects him.

The side effects of Ketek that can impair driving include:
  • dizziness
  • fainting
  • vision problems, such as blurred vision, trouble focusing and seeing double

It's important to let a doctor know about any of these side effects from Ketek.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
The American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines recommend antibiotics before going to the dentist fo...
Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
When cold or flu germs infect the nose, the nose makes mucus to help wash the germs away. At fir...