Is it safe to drive a car while taking Ketek?

Some of the side effects of Ketek (telithromycin) can make driving dangerous, so someone who's taking this drug (which is used to treat certain types of pneumonia) should not get behind the wheel until it's clear how the drug affects him.

The side effects of Ketek that can impair driving include:
  • dizziness
  • fainting
  • vision problems, such as blurred vision, trouble focusing and seeing double

It's important to let a doctor know about any of these side effects from Ketek.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
How does antibiotic resistance affect healthcare costs?
Antibiotic resistance is an economic burden on the entire healthcare system. Resistant infections co...
Do I need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick, green or yellow?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...