Is kanamycin safe for children?

Kanamycin, an antibiotic to treat serious bacterial infections, is approved for use in children as well as adults. You should first talk with your child’s doctor about the risks and benefits of kanamycin. This antibiotic, which is given as an injection (a shot), treats serious bacterial infections.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

how does antibiotic resistance affect healthcare costs ?
Antibiotic resistance is an economic burden on the entire healthcare system. Resistant infections co...
what happens if i do not finish my antibiotic prescription ?
It is important to complete your antibiotic course as prescribed. This prevents the infection fr...
should antibiotics be banned in animal feed ?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested that livestock producers cut back on low-dose a...
does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose ?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...